Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Veal Milanese

Out Saturday night at a neighborhood Italian restaurant. I had made the reservation a week prior - as this restaurant is known to get completely booked on the weekends. I was really looking forward to trying a new restaurant. We started with a very nice bottle of Pinot Grigio. For appetizer, I ordered the Caprese salad and main course the Veal Milanese over soft polenta.... not bad you might say! Well, my salad was wonderful but the veal Milanese was not as wonderful. It was poorly cooked, soggy, seemed to be swimming in a strange broth, smelled bad and tasted strange! ..... a broth??? But there shouldn't be a broth in a Milanese! So, very politely, I asked the waiter if by some mistake they had brought me the wrong plate. He said "no Madame ... this is the Milanese you ordered". Anyway, I left it at that and never touched my dinner.
I was very disappointed but good thing the wine, bread and olive oil were all wonderful!
So for dinner Sunday night we had a "real" Veal Milanese and an endive salad!



For 4 people

4 slices of Veal Scaloppine
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1 cup breadcrumb
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 lemons cut in half

Place a scaloppine in a ziplock bag.
Pound scaloppine - careful not to over pound.
Beat the eggs with salt and pepper - place on a plate
Place flour on a plate.
Mix bread crumbs with parmesan cheese - place on a plate.
Dip scaloppine on both sides in flour, then egg, then in bread crumb
Again, dip in egg and finally in bread crumb
Refrigerate for 15 minutes - this will ensure the bread crumbs adhere to the scaloppine.
Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet.
Cook scaloppine until browned on each side - about 3 minutes per side.
Serve hot.













1 comment:

  1. My brother looooves anything breaded. This veal milanese looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...